Implementation of a mechanical ventilation in El Coral mine
El Coral, Colombia: Implementation of a mechanical ventilation thanks to the technical assistance fund of the Swiss Better Gold Association.
El Coral mine is located in the municipalities of Barbosa and Don Matias in the department of Antioquia in Colombia. It employs 26 people and has been part of the Iniciativa Suiza Oro Responsable since 2019.
Mine ventilation is a main concern for the safety of the mine and workers.
- Acquisition and implementation of a mechanical ventilation in the mine
- Acquisition of multigas detectors
- Create optimum conditions for the health and safety of employees
- Comply with the 2015 Colombian Decret 1886 about Safety Regulation in Underground Mining Works
- Work carried out in six weeks
- From the total amount of $18'827, the Swiss Better Gold Association participated with $ 11'000, thanks to the technical assistance fund. The remaining $7'827 were covered by El Coral.